Section 8

COVID-19 News You Can Use

Are you a Section 8 Voucher Holder who is struggling to pay your portion of rent?

If your rent is partially paid by a Section 8 voucher, and your income has changed due to a COVID-19 layoff, or reduction in hours, you may be eligible for an immediate interim change in status. You may also request assistance with a utility allowance. Contact the housing authority that administers your voucher and request a "Change of Income" form. You may also be able to submit your income change on-line.

Keep in mind, many local housing authorities have reduced staffing due to COVID-19. For details about your housing authority, go directly to their website for updates.

At Compass, we strive to provide the most up-to-date and accurate information. However, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information provided in such rapidly changing times. We strongly encourage you to follow the links, conduct your own research, and determine your own best actions. Compass does not purport to be experts or official advisors in any capacity regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. We review the information and consolidate it for our readership. Compass is not responsible for any out of date, or inaccurate information provided. We will make every effort to correct errors brought to our attention.